FYR Diagnostics is a fast-growing Missoula, MT-based biotechnology company developing a powerful portfolio of PCR-focused solutions. FYR Diagnostics’ mission is to commercialize novel detection technologies to help eliminate human suffering by better diagnosing human disease states and to eliminate vast inefficiencies in the agricultural industry. FYR is currently seeking 2 students for a 12-week-paid internship opportunity.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Evaluates the statistical methods and procedures used to obtain data to ensure validity, efficiency, and accuracy.
- Develop high quality programs in Python or other languages for use in data management, statistical and bioinformatics analysis, and visualization of FYR research activities.
- Develop novel visualization models using MATLAB, Prism, Python, R, and Excel.
- Help design and implement best practices for data collection within FYR labs.
- Design and apply bioinformatics algorithms including unsupervised and supervised machine learning, dynamic programming, or graphic algorithms.
- Work with an interdisciplinary research team.
- Participate in aggregating data for use in NIH, DoD, NSF, and private foundation grants.
- Self-starter. FYR Diagnostics is fast growing startup. We are seeking interns with entrepreneurial mind sets who can adapt with FYR Diagnostics’ dynamically changing research needs.
- Knowledge of applied statistical methodologies
- Degree in or currently studying Statistics, Biostatistics, Computer Science, or related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Comfortable with independence within a fast-paced working environment
- Experience in programming Python, MATLAB, R, and SAS.
- Experience working with Agile Project Management.
- 2+ years of experience with data visualization tools.
Those who work with FYR Diagnostics are members of a community that seeks to respect and celebrate all the qualities that make each of us unique. Each of us is empowered to be ourselves within this community, which cultivates and promotes equity, diversity, and inclusion at all levels. FYR Diagnostics is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Workplace and Affirmative Action Employer.