FYR Diagnostics is a fast-growing Missoula, MT-based biotechnology company developing a powerful portfolio of PCR-focused diagnostic solutions. FYR Diagnostics’ mission is to commercialize novel detection technologies to help improve human healthcare with better diagnostics of human disease states, as well as eliminating vast inefficiencies in the agricultural industry. FYR is seeking to fill a developer position.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Design, implement and maintain features of a new application
- Write clean and efficient code
- Test and evaluate constantly to continually optimize solutions for accuracy, speed, and user-friendliness
- Be willing to learn and master new technologies
- Collaborate with a diverse team of researchers and developers
- Self-starter. FYR is a fast-growing startup. We need people with entrepreneurial mindsets who can adapt to FYR’s dynamic environment.
- Degree in Statistics, Biostatistics, Computer Science, related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum 2 years of coding experience (can be formal education or personal interests)
- Comfortable with a high degree of independence
- Experience with AWS
- Experience with Agile Project Management
- Previous experience working at or with a startup
- Open-source portfolio with code samples
Thrive at FYR:
- Flexible schedule
- Remote work
- 10-20 hours per week
- Opportunities to develop front end and back end skills, innovate and discover new solutions, take creative liberties.
Those who work with FYR Diagnostics are members of a community that seeks to respect and celebrate all the qualities that make each of us unique. Each of us is empowered to be ourselves within this community, which cultivates and promotes equity, diversity, and inclusion at all levels. FYR Diagnostics is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Workplace and Affirmative Action Employer.