FYR Diagnostics is a fast-growing Missoula, MT-based biotechnology company developing a powerful portfolio of PCR-focused solutions. FYR Diagnostics’ mission is to commercialize novel detection technologies to help eliminate human suffering by better diagnosing human disease states and to eliminate vast inefficiencies in the agricultural industry. FYR is currently seeking 2 students for a 12-week-paid internship opportunity.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Learn laboratory-based skills and work with an interdisciplinary team investigating novel isothermal PCR-based technology
- Work with researchers at FYR Diagnostics to execute and analyze and interpret in vitro and PCR-focused experiments
- Assist lab manager with day-to-day activities
- Use and maintenance of lab inventory managements system
- Grant writing to NIH, NSH, DoD, and private foundations.
- Reports directly to senior lab manager
- Self-starter. FYR Diagnostics is fast growing startup. We are seeking interns with entrepreneurial mind sets who can adapt with FYR Diagnostics’ dynamically changing research needs
- Comfortable with independence within a fast paced working environment
- Project management background
Thrive at FYR Diagnostics
- Opportunity for class credit
- Flexible schedule
- 15-20 hours per week
Those who work with FYR Diagnostics are members of a community that seeks to respect and celebrate all the qualities that make each of us unique. Each of us is empowered to be ourselves within this community, which cultivates and promotes equity, diversity, and inclusion at all levels. FYR Diagnostics is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Workplace and Affirmative Action Employer.