FYR Diagnostics is a fast growing Missoula, MT-based biotechnology company developing a powerful portfolio of PCR-focused solutions. FYR Diagnostics’ mission is to commercialize novel detection technologies to better diagnose human disease states and to improve vast inefficiencies in the agricultural industry. FYR is currently seeking 2 Laboratory Research Technicians.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Learn laboratory-based skills and work with an interdisciplinary team investigating novel isothermal PCR-based technology
- Work with other researchers and technicians to execute, analyze and interpret PCR-focused experiments and miscellaneous in vitro experiments
- Preparation of reagents and samples for experiments
- Development and optimization of buffers for PCR
- PCR, DNA/RNA extraction, Protein Quantification/Analysis
- Organize, process and analyze data
- Develop working knowledge of existing Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and assist in drafting new procedures to optimize lab workflow
- General laboratory maintenance (lab cleaning, equipment maintenance, preparation of reagent aliquots, preparation of buffers, etc.)
- Assist lab manager and research scientists with day-to-day activities
- Self-starter. FYR Diagnostics is fast growing startup. We are seeking employees with entrepreneurial mind sets who can adapt with FYR Diagnostics’ dynamically changing research needs.
- BS or MS in Biology, Biochemistry, Molecular Biology or a related field
- Comfortable with independence within a fast paced working environment
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Previous experience working at or with a startup
- Previous experience with PCR and handling DNA/RNA-containing samples
- Previous experience using a BioAnalyzer
- Experience with utilizing Python, R, or Matlab for Data Analysis
Those who work with FYR Diagnostics are members of a community that seeks to respect and celebrate all the qualities that make each of us unique. Each of us is empowered to be ourselves within this community, which cultivates and promotes equity, diversity, and inclusion at all levels. FYR Diagnostics is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Workplace and Affirmative Action Employer.