FYR Diagnostics is a fast-growing Missoula, MT-based biotechnology company developing a powerful portfolio of PCR-focused solutions. FYR Diagnostics’ mission is to commercialize novel detection technologies to help eliminate human suffering by better diagnosing human disease states and to eliminate vast inefficiencies in the agricultural industry. FYR is currently seeking one Research Scientist to lead a neuro-focused biomarker discovery and application project.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Lead a miRNA-based biomarker discovery project for neuroscience-focused project and apply the miRNAs discovered to our novel isothermal PCR-based technology
- Work with our subcontractor that is providing the samples and be the liaison between FYR and our subcontractor for this project
- Work with other researchers and technicians to analyze and interpret RNA-sequencing data from samples to identify biomarker candidates
- Work with an interdisciplinary team investigating novel isothermal PCR-based technology to execute, analyze and interpret in vitro and PCR-focused experiments for the biomarker candidates
- Develop working knowledge of existing Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and draft new procedures to optimize lab workflow
- Use and maintenance of lab inventory managements system
- Oversight of studies to be carried out at CROs
- Grant writing to NIH, NSF, DoD, and private foundations
- Oversight of junior research scientist interns to assist with project
- Assist legal team with writing and filing patents related to research efforts
- Self-starter. FYR Diagnostics is a fast growing startup. We are seeking employees with entrepreneurial mind sets who can adapt with FYR Diagnostics’ dynamically changing research needs.
- Ability to manage an entire project from start to finish, identifying and establishing milestones and objectives, distributing and supervising experiments with other key team members when necessary, and leading the project efforts.
- MS or PhD in Neuroscience, General Biology, Genomics/Genetics, Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, Immunology or a related field
- 5+ years of relevant experience
- Comfortable with independence within a fast-paced working environment while also excelling in a highly collaborative environment
- Bioinformatics experience, particularly in analyzing and interpreting RNA-seq data to identify biomarker candidates
- Project management background
- Previous experience working at or with a startup
- Assay development and/or biomarker discovery experience
- Experience with Alzheimer’s Disease, epilepsy, or ALS research.
Those who work with FYR Diagnostics are members of a community that seeks to respect and celebrate all the qualities that make each of us unique. Each of us is empowered to be ourselves within this community, which cultivates and promotes equity, diversity, and inclusion at all levels. FYR Diagnostics is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Workplace and Affirmative Action Employer.