FYR’s Pandemic Response Taskforce
FYR’s Missoula-based team is comprised of numerous researchers and operations specialists who are actively monitoring infectious diseases which currently mainly revolves around SARS-CoV-2 variants and their impact on our region. FYR maintains contact with state and federal officials and actively collaborates with the Montana Department of Public Health and Human Services.
FYR’s task force is actively monitoring the various research developments related to SARS-CoV-2, including variants of concern and their potential impact on transmissibility, severity of disease, effectiveness of vaccines, and effectiveness of testing (both PCR and rapid antigen tests, along with effectiveness of specific viral gene detection, sequencing methodologies, etc.).
FYR’s Pandemic Response Taskforce monitors the following:
- WHO, CDC, FDA, scientific literature, and other announcements related to variants of concern impact on transmissibility, severity of disease, effectiveness of vaccines, surveillance with sequencing, and effectiveness of testing (both PCR and rapid antigen testing methodologies)
- Viral gene detection effectiveness with PCR based on novel mutations in emerging variants
- Local, State, Federal, and Worldwide variant spread and variant-specific risk factors
- COVID-19 Variant Update - February 3, 2022
- FYR Diagnostics Omicron (B.1.1.529) Update - January 7, 2022
- FYR Diagnostics Omicron (B.1.1.529) Update - December 17, 2021
- FYR Diagnostics Omicron (B.1.1.529) Update - December 1, 2021
Updates are crafted by Chris Booth PhD, Katie Havranek PhD, Vik Ghai PhD, Sarj Patel PhD, David Booth, Claire Seibold, Tre Blohm, and other team members at FYR Diagnostics.